The NCC Education Level 4 Diploma in Computing (L4DC) is an Ofqual regulated qualification. The qualification makes up the first year of the NCC Education degree journey. The qualification is equivalent to the first year of an IT degree in the UK university system.
Students will be given the opportunity to develop essential thinking and study skills, not only within the computing domain, but also within the context of business through a balance of academic and vocational subjects. The qualification will allow them to understand and enter the computing profession with the necessary knowledge expected within the industry and the ability to apply the skills to a range of IT-related functions.
On successful completion of the qualification students will be able to embark on NCC Education’s Level 5 Diploma in Computing (L5DC), which is equivalent to the second year of a UK Bachelor’s degree, transfer to a university or pursue a career in the IT industry.
Students must study the following eight core units:
- Skills for Computing – This module provides essential skills required by computing students. The skills taught include study, presentation, report-writing and data handling skills. It will prepare students for successful outcomes in their studies and provide them with skills that can be applied in the workplace.
- Computer Networks – This module helps students to develop a good understanding of basic theory and useful practical skills of networking and communication that are vital in today’s connected world.
- Computer Systems – This module addresses the development of practical skills in the configuration, maintenance, fault finding and trouble-shooting of modern computer systems and develops knowledge of computer architecture.
- Designing and Developing a Website – This module provides students with the practical skills required in website design such as understanding of mark-up languages, style sheets, design techniques and testing.
- Databases – This module provides students with thorough training in practical techniques for the design and development of database systems and develops a sound understanding of the underpinning theory.
- Designing and Developing Object-Oriented Computer Programmes – This module provides students with a thorough grounding in programming methods, and a detailed knowledge of developing programs using C#.
- Software Development Techniques – This module addresses the wider issues of software development together with a language-independent survey of useful data structures and algorithms.
- Office Solutions Development – This module teaches students to develop practical skills in the automation of common office applications to support a variety of tasks.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes