The aim of this programme is to equip students with knowledge and skills in order for them to carry out accounting roles in the areas of financial reporting, financial management, auditing, management accounting, taxation and consultancy effectively. The programme also aims to facilitate the development of academic, research, project management and entrepreneurial competences of candidates who have completed the penultimate or intermediate levels of professional accountancy qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA and ZiCA to enhance their capacity to provide research-based solutions to organizational challenges.
To qualify for admission to the BSAC degree programme an applicant must have any of the
- Five credits at ‘O’ Level including English and Mathematics.
- Part or full qualifications in either ACCA, CIMA, CA Zambia, ZiCA or any other
recognised professional accountancy qualification.
- Any relevant three year accountancy diploma from a reputable college or university.
- At least three ‘A’ level passes including Mathematics or equivalent.
The course of study for the award of the BSAC degree shall be completed in a period of:
- Not less than four and not more than six academic years in the case of full time students;
- Not less than five and not more than seven academic years in the case of evening, part
time and distance education students;
- Not less than one and not more than seven years for students awarded exemptions on
grounds of prior learning.
* Direct entry students take BSAC111 Academic Writing while those awarded exemptions on grounds of professional qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA, ZiCA and CA Zambia get exempted from BSAC121 Introduction to Law.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes