Reporting to the Assistant Financial Accountant, the position is responsible for the maintenance of financial records in order to facilitate preparation of financial statements.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Raises receipts in the cash books as deposited by students in all the bank accounts each working day.
- Compares receipts raised in the cash books with the bank statement and issues receipts for all deposits not receipted by receipting identified deposits to fees received in advance.
- Raises Debit/Credit Notes for all receipts posted in respect of fees received in advance as soon as the students provide evidence of deposits and passes on the Debit/Credit Note to the supervisor for approval.
- Prepares Journals to capture the Debit Notes for approval by the supervisor daily.
- Prepares the Petty Cash Journal for review by the supervisor for every petty cash reimbursement.
- Files all approved Debit/Credit Notes with supporting documentation in a sequential order daily.
- Files all approved Payment Vouchers in sequential order daily.
- Receives all documentation for vendors and commitments and prepares a payment schedule for presentation to the supervisor.
- Captures all vendor invoices as received from the supervisor and prepares the Journal for review by the supervisor.
- Captures the approved payment schedule onto the online banking systems and prepares payment voucher(s) and payment journal for review by the supervisor.
- Records all payment vouchers in a sequential order in the respective bank payment register as soon as payments are raised.
- Sends payment confirmations for all vendors and staff payments once payments are fully approved.
- Provides the Procurement Officer with the payment confirmation as soon as payments are fully completed for all advance payment requests.
- Demands for payment receipts from vendors for advance payments as soon as payments are completed.
- Attaches payment receipts to payment vouchers and files payment vouchers and payment receipt confirmations once received from venders.
- Prepares creditors reconciliation for review by the supervisor by the 5th of every month.
- Reconciles the General Ledger accounts by the 5th of every month.
- Prepares correct entries to General Ledgers accounts by the 5th of every month in readiness for preparation of Management Accounts.
- Provides promptly all the required information during internal and/or external audits (schedules, reconciliations, vouchers, receipts, explanations, etc)
- Promptly attends to internal/external audit queries to facilitate smooth audits within the agreed time limits.
- Attends to all customer queries regarding invoicing procedures, examination entries, bank details, debit notes and credit notes, etc.
- Performs any other duties lawfully assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of five (5) “O” levels including English and Mathematics.
- Diploma in Accountancy or its equivalent.
- Two (2) years practical work experience in the field.
- Must be a fully paid-up Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants for the year 2024.
- Must be Computer literate.
Signed applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates and contact details (address/telephone/email) of at least two (2) traceable referees should be sent to the address below on or before 23rd February 2024. The position should be clearly marked on the envelope.
Please note that only short-listed candidates shall be responded to.
Applications should be sent to:
The Board Secretary
Zambia Centre for Accountancy Studies
P.O. Box 35243
Dedan Kimathi Road